1899 Small group of Lutherans from Germany met and establish a new church. Worshipped in Methodist Episcopal Church of Derby. Sunday school started October 15th . Mr. C. Schultz, first superintendent.
1900 Congregation took the name of Trinity Lutheran Church; in German, Dreieinigkeits.
1901 Lutheran services held in Baptist Church in Shelton. On March 28 Ladies Aid was formed.
1903 First communion vessels purchasedchalice and flagonwhich cost the Ladies Aid $9.75
1906 Church site purchased on Howe Avenue from Ousatonic Water Co.
1911 Construction of church building begun and finished in six months. Dedicated on October 1, 1911.
1938 Organ rebuiltrededicated on December 18.
1939 Held first service in English.
1948 Church building moved to present location to make room for Route 8.
1950 Sacristy and kitchen added. Dedication of renovated church held May 21.
1964 Parsonage purchased in June. First full time pastor calledthe Reverend Peter G. Drever, Jr.on July 1. Last German service was held on Good Friday.
1969 Construction began on new Education Building.
1970 Dedication of New Education Building in April during pastorate of Rev. Daun McKee.
1975 Food Cupboard established to help those who lost jobs due to fire bombing of the Sponge Rubber Co.
1976 Mortgages burnedEducation Building Sept. 23; Parsonage Dec. 19.
1978 Restoration of Worship area began. Sunnyside school was site of worship for three months. Organ was rebuilt. Ordination of Henry Pawlukfirst minister from the congregation.
1979 New Lutheran Book of Worship introduced.
1980 First Laotion family sponsored. Restoration loans paid.
1984 Another property renewal project begunvinyl siding, energy saving measures including heating system changes, parking lot, and repairs to the parsonage. New Baptismal Font given by the Ruppels on their 50th wedding anniversary. Lay visiting with Communion to homebound initiated.
1986 Bibles added to pew racks. Suppers for the homeless were started and still continue.
1988 Endowment Fund established. Lutheran Men in Mission formed.
1990 Renovations to the church basement begana gift from the estate of Clarence Nordstrom.
1991 Called our first female pastorElizabeth H. Mayforth-Pudimat. Nordstrom Hall dedicated.
1997 Sound system installedChimes dedicated in memory of Elsa Brandenburg.
1998 Spent in search of a pastor and preparing for our 100th anniversary.
1999 Reverend Hans Haspel-Schonfield called as our pastor.
2003 Reverend Jack Whritenour called as pastor in August.
2006 Building improvements undertaken in the sanctuary; a new paint job and a new hardwood floor installed
2010 Altar window renovated by The Glass Source of Shelton, CT